We are continuing to go star crazy this Advent, so here is another star to work on. Our children and youth will be making them during Sunday School this month, and I can’t wait to see how they turn out! Find the step-by-step instructions, below.
A big thanks to this site for the idea:
- cereal box
- star template
- 1 glue dot
- hole punch
- multi-color yarn
The instructions did not have specifics, so this is how I put them together:
- Flatten a cereal box and trace a star onto one side. You can find a star template here: star-template
- Cutting through two layers at once, cut out the star.
- Flip the stars so that they are brown side out. You might have to shift them so that they match. Secure the two stars together with a glue dot.
- Punch a hole toward the middle of one arm of the star. Cut an 8 inch piece of yarn or ribbon and string it through the hole. Make a knot. Here is your hanger. Here’s what it looks like at this point:
- Cut a 7 yard piece of multi-colored yarn and roll it into a ball. Attach one end of the yarn to the star with a piece of tape and wrap. Tuck the loose end into the wrapping when you are finished.
- Depending on the ability or attention span of the child or youth working on the star, you can add more yarn, as you wish. Here is the completed star with 7 yards of yarn:
- Here is a completed star with 21 yards of yarn:
Have fun following the star with the wise men this Advent!